Friday, January 1, 2010

Off Subject



Good Evening and Merry Christmas!

This may be a bit off the NFP subject, or maybe it's not. At any rate, I can't get it off my mind. I came across this today. It disturbed me greatly. At first I felt like, "How dare Nancy Pelosi!" I mean, who does she think she is? She speaks as if she is above the Bishops and Cardinals that she is speaking down to.

Then I thought, I can not judge her. For her to make such comments, she must not believe that life is created at conception.
She states,
I am a practicing Catholic, although they're probably not too happy about that. But it is my faith. I practically mourn this difference of opinion because I feel what I was raised to believe is consistent with what I profess, and that is that we are all endowed with a free will and a responsibility to answer for our actions. And that women should have that opportunity to exercise their free will.

If she believes that life begins at conception, then how does she feel about the free will of the unborn child. Shouldn't they get to exercise their free will also? Don't they have a choice too?

The woman, in most cases, has already made a choice using her free will, the choice to have sexual intercourse. I realize in some cases the woman may have been raped. However, this is not what Nancy Pelosi is talking about. She is talking about any woman who becomes pregnant on 'accident' and wants to undue her 'mistake.' She is saying that the woman should be able to use her free will to kill her non-child.

This is how the leaders of our Country view life and its beginnings. I wonder, "Do they ever think of the potential that each one of these 'cells' possess?" Could they admit, that even though in the early weeks of a pregnancy they do not recognize human life in the uterus of a woman, that at some point in time it does become a human being? And if they abort the mass of cells then they are taking away a persons potential?

Am I making any sense?
I hope so! This issue just really gets to me!
Why can't they just admit it is LIFE, and it doesn't belong to anyone but the One who created it!!

In His Holy Name,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment